Saturday, May 18, 2019

Dandelion Wishes - PageMaps

Hello blogging friends!

I know National Scrapbook Day was a few weeks ago ... but I am trying to catch up on my blogging after being sick for a few weeks. Becky Fleck from PageMaps asked me to be a guest designer for May with some special sketches for National Scrapbook Day. I love working with Becky's sketches. Here is the awesome one she sent me...


I found a beautiful cut file in the Silhouette store that I was dying to use. It's called Dandelion Wishes and is from Jillibean Soup. I used the Spoonful of Soul collection, also from Jillibean Soup to create my layout and I had the sweetest photos to scrap.
 

I did some computer journaling and double cut my title to give it a shadow effect. For the wishes portion of my title, I used alpha stickers and stitched over the top to give it some texture. I love the dandelion sticker I placed behind my title.


I pulled out an old border punch to create an interesting contrast with a striped pattern paper over the top of this gorgeous floral pattern paper and beautiful blue pattern paper. I added some stickers to the bottom right of my photo to correlate with the sketch.


The cut file backed in white creates quite a contrast against the blue pattern paper. I used markers to color in the dandelions and added a few splatters of white spray mist.


The photos were mounted using foam adhesive for dimension. I just love how this layout turned out!

Be sure to check out the other PageMaps sketches for May.

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!