Friday, April 26, 2019

Happy Glamping - Pebbles

Hello blogging friends!

The DT coordinator over at Pebbles asked the designers if we like to create home decor or papercraft items. Of course I said yes! I even suggested I could make a camper (using the SVGcuts Camp Firefly cut files). Well that led to Jen Hadfield (yes, the Jen Hadfield!) asking if I could put the camper inside a wreath! Who knew people did this? I had to look on Pinterest for examples. Well now I am guest designing for Jen Hadfield! Here is the post I sent her...

The warmer weather has my family thinking about future camping trips. We love to pack up the car and drive to one of our favorite camping spots ... or even to explore a new place. With the glamping craze, I thought maybe I should be decorating our camper ... so I decided I needed to make a wreath for the camper door. Here is what I came up with.




This wreath was super easy to make. It took 2.5 rolls of burlap and maybe 15 minutes! Here is a tutorial I found on YouTube to explain how to create this beautiful ruffle wreath. Well then I had to think about how to decorate my wreath. I found a svg design for the camper from SVGcuts. It's a 3 dimensional camper complete with a lawn flamingo in the front! I made my camper using pattern papers from Jen Hadfield's Chasing Adventures collection. The hiking girl standing in front is an extra nice touch...don't you think?




Next I had to figure out how to attach the camper to the wreath. Since the camper is make out of paper I didn't want to use wire and chance ripping the camper. I finally opted to glue the camper to a blackboard sign. Of course this left me space on the sign I had to decorate with vinyl. I found the cutest Happy Camper cut file in the Silhouette store. I love the trees and mountain scenery behind the camper.




The blackboard sign hangs from a wire at the top of my wreath. I also added a pretty pink bow too.




I love how this turned out. It will be so fun to see people's reactions when they see this beauty on our camper door!




Thanks so much for stopping by today. Where is your favorite place to go camping? I am always looking for a new adventure and would love to hear!


~Marcia


Supplies:
Chasing Adventures 12×12 Paper Pad
Chasing Adventures Ephemera Die Cuts
2.5 rolls of burlap
14" wire wreath form
wired ribbon
Silhouette Cameo
vinyl
blackboard sign
SVGcuts Camp Firefly kit
wire

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!