Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Downhill Racers - Simple Stories

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with a fun Winter layout I created with the Simple Stories Freezin' Season collection. I live in Minnesota, so am all too familiar with snow ... and cold. Some days you just need to get outside and play though or that cabin fever sets in. One of my favorite outdoor winter activities is sledding. All you need is a hill and a sled. The bigger the hill the better. I love the adrenaline rush you get as you are hurtling downhill with the wind in your face. It was so fun seeing my nephew enjoying sledding too.



I knew I wanted to create hills of snow on my layout. I used various pattern papers to achieve this and cut them in curves to resemble hills. Then I embellished my hills with an adorable snowman, a penguin, a polar bear, and a village of houses. It was fun layering the bits and pieces words "brrrr', "shiver", and "chilly" along with other fun elements.




When sledding, you start at the top of the hill ... so I wanted to arrange my photos at the top of my page. Tucked in an around my photos are another cute snowman, some snowflakes and phrase stickers, and a bits and pieces tree (because you got to watch out for those trees when sledding!).



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you get a chance to get out and play in the snow! Don't forget your camera so you can document those moments with the Freezin' Season collection.

Supplies
#10358 Simple Stories Freezin' Season Collection kit
#10359 Simple Stories Freezin' Season Combo Stickers
#10361 Simple Stories Freezin' Season Brrrlow Zero pattern paper
#10363 Simple Stories Freezin' Season Snuggle Up pattern paper
#10364 Simple Stories Freezin' Season Flurries pattern paper
#10367 Simple Stories Freezin' Season Snowed In pattern paper
#10368 Simple Stories Freezin' Season 3x4 Elements
#10370 Simple Stories Freezin' Season 4x6 Horizontal Elements
#10372 Simple Stories Freezin' Season 6x12 Chipboard Stickers
#10373 Simple Stories Freezin' Season Bits and Pieces
#10374 Simple Stories Freezin' Season 4x6 Stickers

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!