Thursday, January 10, 2019

Bon Appetit - Jillibean Soup

Hello blogging friends,

I managed to scrap another layout of my European vacation using the gorgeous new You Make Miso Happy collection from Jillibean Soup. I love the pastel florals in this collection, but what caught my eye were those houses in the pea pod parts. I thought they would be perfect for a foodie layout. We tried a lot of different foods everywhere we went. On our last day in Paris my daughter told me we had to try escargot. "You want me to eat a snail!" I said. Well I did ... and I liked it, a lot! Never be afraid to sample the local cuisine. Snails taste a lot like sauteed mushrooms. The trick was getting them out of their shells. We were given a device that looked like a clamp to hold the shell and a little tiny fork to dig the snail out with. If you are looking for a fabulous Parisian cafe close to Musee d'Orsay try the Cocorico. We ate here a couple times it was so good!


I used a Jillibean Soup Tile digital cut file. I love these tile digital cut files. They are perfect for my food layouts as they remind me of the ceiling tiles from farmhouse kitchens. I used the fun yellow pattern paper to back the cut file. I did my journalling on vellum as I did not want to cover up too much of that beautiful background.


I layered lots of the pea pod die cuts with an enamel heart shape to draw attention to my title. I dug out my stash of Jillibean Soup corrugated alphas. I love their texture. There was a lot of brown in my photos and the brown alphas helped to pull the color scheme together.


By printing my photos in a strip, it helps to tell the story.... I look a little hesitant, don't I? lol.  I love my facial expression ... but really they were so good. I would definitely eat them again. To even out the title under my photos, I added a few houses in the opposite corner above my photos with some enamel hearts on top.


I really love how this turned out!

Supplies:
Jillibean Soup You Make Miso Happy collection
Jillibean Soup You Make Miso Happy Dashi pattern paper
Jillibean Soup You Make Miso Happy Pea Pod Parts
Jillibean Soup You Make Miso Happy Epoxy Shapes
Jillibean Soup You Make Miso Happy Stickers

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!