Sunday, December 16, 2018

Spread A Little Cheer - Simple Stories

Hello blogging friends!
I am back today with a festive Simple Stories Christmas layout I created with the Merry & Bright Christmas collection. Does your family do a photo shoot for your annual Christmas card? I don't know about you, but I love receiving photo Christmas cards! I like to see how much kids have grown and seeing how other family members have changed. I scrapped my sister-in-law's family for todays layout. I love how her Christmas card photo turned out! I am still hoping to get some family photos done myself, but with adult kids that work odd hours, it might not happen until Christmas! Anyway, every year for Christmas my Mother-in-law asks for the same thing ... a scrapbook album full of family photos. This layout is going into my Mother-in-law's album. The Merry & Bright collection is perfect for documenting all of those holiday family photos!

Is there anyone besides me crushing on all these plaid papers? That black and white buffalo plaid is the perfect background for this poinsettia wreath cut file by Paige Taylor Evans. The wreath frames my family photo nicely.


The cut file was backed with various pattern papers from the Merry & Bright collection. I love how the reds and greens in the pattern papers coordinated so well with the colors in my photo. There was also a soft blue that worked well for the bells and an awesome plaid pattern paper that I used for the bow.

With such an ornate cut file, I kept my other embellishments to a minimum. I just wanted to add a few things around my photo like this fabulous JOY banner and the Peace Love Joy tree from the Tags and Frames pack. That cute candy cane is one of the puffy stickers ... and don't forget to add a date so you'll remember years from now what year that was. The 4x6 sticker packs have the perfect round stickers to do just that.





I wish you the happiest of Holidays.
Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have an awesome week.
Supplies
#10306 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas Collection kit
#10307 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas Combo Stickers
#10309 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas It's A Wonderful Life pattern paper
#10310 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas Simply Christmas pattern paper
#10311 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas Hello December pattern paper
#10312 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas Joy & Happiness pattern paper
#10313 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas  Sparkle and Shine pattern paper
#10314 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas  A Simple Wish pattern paper
#10317 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas 4x4 Elements
#10318 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas 4x6 Horizontal Elements
#10320 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas 6x12 Chipboard Stickers
#10322 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas 4x6 Stickers
#10323 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas Washi Tape
#10324 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas Tags and Frames
#10326 Simple Stories Merry & Bright Christmas Puffy Stickers
Bazzill smooth cardstock

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!