Thursday, December 27, 2018

Jillibean Soup Christmas layouts

Hello blogging friends.

Jillibean Soup came out with these adorable dots and plaids 6x8 paper pads. Fabulous if you are a card maker! But they were also perfect for doing a couple Christmas layouts.

Do you like to scrap your pets at Christmas? After all, they are part of your family too. My cats love to catnap under the Christmas tree. They don't try to climb it, they're just content to bask in the glow of the lights. I couldn't resist scrapping them on a layout.
 

It's hard to tell but I created a mixed media background of pale yellow and gold using some Heidi Swapp color shine. I wanted to capture the feeling of the glow of the Christmas lights. I used the Jillibean Soup Tis The Season To Be Jolly digital cut file on this layout. You can find it in the Silhouette Store. I used a mixture of the dots and plaids to create my wreath then cut my title from some red plaid and cardstock.


A few self adhesive sequins add the Christmas sparkle.




For my second layout, I pulled out a really old photo of my daughter standing in front of this advent Christmas Tree quilt panel her Grandma Nix made for her. Every night she would hang a bell on the tree before she went to bed. This way she knew how many more sleeps until Christmas. She is only 2 1/2 here ... so she wasn't too into Christmas just yet. But thrilled her Grandma made her something special! I converted my photo to black and white. I was seriously disappointed in deterioration of the color. I need to do this to loads more of my older photos!


Cut file addict that I am, i used another Jillibean Soup digital cut file in the shape of a tree, Believe In The Magic of Christmas. I backed the negative space with more red and green dots and plaids from the 6x8 paper pads and added in some yellow and woodgrain paper too.


You can see I added some journaling strips in  my tree. It tells the story without covering up the design or the photo. More self adhesive sequins ... this time in silver, give it a festive air.


Banners of red and green pattern papers adorn the right side of the layout and draw your eye tight to that adorable photo. Her curls were too cute!


Supplies:

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Wishing you the happiest of holidays!
~Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!