Monday, August 27, 2018

Fun In The Sun - JustNick Studios

Hello blogging friends!

Have you seen the new JustNick Studios Fun In The Sun title in the on-line store? I wanted to combine it with the South Pacific Floral digital cut file, but not in the usual way. I busted out my Silhouette sketch pens and instead of cutting out the design, I sketched it instead. Then I dug out my watercolors and got busy adding some color to the sketched design. This gave me a gorgeous unique background that I could use to scrap some Waikiki Beach photos and perfect for the Heidi Swapp Pineapple Crush collection. Take a look at how my layout turned out...



I am by no means good when it comes to watercolors, but it's fun to play with them sometimes and I am happy with the results. I applied a layer of gesso over the top of the sketched design. This helps to blend the colors later. It muted the lines a little, but I like that it's soft. Here is a closer look...



I absolutely love the new Fun In The Sun title. I backed the middle with a blue watercolor pattern paper. I felt I needed to bring in a little more blue besides the blue in my photos.





I backed the alphas with a script pattern paper in white. I wanted to keep my layout bright and airy.





If you are interested in seeing my process video here is the link to my YouTube channel.



Here are the digital cut files I used today ...





Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you will try using a sketch pen in your die cutting machine. It's really easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!