Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Something Beautiful - JustNick Studios

Hello blogging friends!

It's finally summer in Minnesota and my family was able to get away for a few days in early July and head to the north shore of Lake Superior. I snapped these photos of my daughter as we were hiking to one of the beautiful waterfalls there along the Superior Trail. I wanted to use a digital cut file that would help convey the great outdoors. The JustNick Studios Arrowhead Background digital cut file was perfect along with the PinkFresh Studios Escape the Ordinary collection. Those butterflies are amazing.



I wanted the pattern to be subtle, so I erased some of the arrows. This is an easy cut file to alter. After cutting, I used some plastic packaging and diluted spray mist to add a little color. Then I backed only some of the arrows with pattern papers, choosing to leave the rest backed with just white cardstock. Some machine stitching adds some texture.





I created embellishment clusters starting out with the Blossom Blooms cut from white cardstock for a base. I love how they soften everything and anchor my photos.





Here are the digital cut files I used today.





Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your summer has been filled with wonderful adventure too. Enjoy the rest of your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!