Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Life Is Good - JustNick Studios

Hello blogging friends!

I am so happy to be back designing for JustNick Studios. You know I am a digital cut file junkie and Nicole's cut files are some of the best out there! Our first assignment for the term is an All About Me project so you can get to know us better. So here is a little about me ....  I've been married for 35 years to a wonderful guy. We had 3 children who are all adults now ... the last one is almost done with college. Wahooo! I also have a lot of fur babies as I am a rescue foster failure as well as a stray magnet. Currently in residence we have 2 dogs and 3 cats. I have been playing with paper ever since my best friend dragged me to a crop night almost 20 years ago. I also love to garden, cook, and read. (Actually, I don't read... but listen to audiobooks while I scrapbook.) This way I can keep up with my neighborhood book club. I work full-time as a software engineer designing software for electric utilities.

For my layout, I decided to document my love for my favorite kitty. He is neurotic as all get out but I love him. He is one of my foster failures. I could not let him go when he was well enough to be adopted.  I used the Paws To My Heart Background digital cut file and combined it with the Cocoa Vanilla Studios Bohemian Dream collection.



This cut file has the cutest little pawprints ...





But you can also see all the hearts that go across the page ...



Check out what I did to the chipboard words that I used for my title. I embossed them with a ultrafine gold embossing powder. Stunning, right!



Cutting this background cut file with a pattern paper that was multi-colored adds so much interest too...


I was originally going to scrap this photo in black and white. But with this collection, my purple jacket wasn't going to clash. I'm not usually fond of purple in my scrapbooking papers, but I love it mixed with other colors here.  You might be able to read my journaling here...



Here is the digital cut file I used today ...



Stop by JustNick Studios every day to meet all the other designers. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!