Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Dream Come True & Girl's Night - Simple Stories

Hello blogging friends!

All this week Simple Stories is teaming up with JustNick Studios. Today, I am using some of the JustNick digital cut files with the gorgeous Posh collection. Posh is so pretty with it's gold accents. It definitely has a classy feminine feel to it ... Posh is the perfect description for it. I decided to scrap some girly layouts with it. This first one is of my daughter at her Veterinary School white coat ceremony.


I used the Broken Heart digital cut file from JustNick Studios for the big heart behind my photo and pieced different solid colored pattern papers behind it. To create some texture, I stitched around my heart with a gold metallic thread.


The Broken Heart cut file is similar to the hearts you will find in the Posh collection. Like this sticker heart I place near my journaling.


There is a lot of gold mixed in the bits & pieces die cuts, stickers and chipboard and it really gives this collection a classy look. I used some of the clear stickers over my photo. "You Can Do Anything" was perfect! I couldn't resist using these adorable blue birds in my embellishment clusters along with some of the flower bits and pieces die cuts. 


I love these tabs from the Bits & Pieces die cuts and they work so well with the phrase stickers.


The chipboard "dream" makes a dreamy title indeed and I combined it with some of the alpha stickers.


If you are interested, I made a process video for Dream Come True and you can watch it on my Youtube channel here ...

 

My second layout is a two-pager. I recently went to a paint night with my daughter, sister, and nieces. My first paint night ever! We had so much fun. I wanted to use lots of my photos to document the night. Who knew I could paint?


I used the JustNick Studios Infinity Hearts digital cut file to create those circles with hearts and the scallops under the photos are another digital cut file; Simple Scallop Strips.




To create my title, I used the JustNick Studios Simple  Set Alphabet and once again combined it with the alpha stickers from the Posh collection. I layered some heart chipboard stickers and some flower die cuts to help draw attention to the title.



Yes, I used more of those adorable blue birds here too... who could resist! 


The Posh collection has some beautiful washi tape and I used a couple different ones on my layout. This one might be my favorite washi tape...


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Be sure to check back all week for more Simple Stories and JustNick Studios inspiration.

Supplies Used:

JustNick Cut Files:





Have a great week!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!