Sunday, July 3, 2016

You're Still the Dirtiest Girl on the Playground - Cocoa Vanilla Studios

Hello blogging friends!

I have a fun Cocoa Vanilla Studios Colour Me Happy layout to share today. My daughter loves to participate in mud runs. These pictures are from her second mud run a few years ago. It was raining that day, so the course was a little extra muddy. Everyone got real muddy, but I couldn't help but notice that my daughter was the dirtiest. Yup, that's my girl ... always the dirtiest girl on the playground when I picked her up as a preschooler ... and 20 years later, not much as changed! At least I am not doing her laundry anymore, lol. The girls made these colorful tutus of pink, blue, and green ... and I couldn't help but think of the Colour Me Happy collection. It was perfect to scrap these photos.

  DirtiestGirl

I kept the chevron colors the same vertically to match the tutus as much as possible. Then I stamped and splattered mud (ok, it was really spray mist) across the page and had fun adding embellishments like the cut apart words, enamel dots, flair buttons, and wood veneer words. I used a mixture of the alpha stickers and the cut apart phrases to create my title; You're Still Always the Dirtiest Girl on the Playground! Here are some detailed shots ...

  DirtiestGirl_Detail3

DirtiestGirl_Detail4

DirtiestGirl_Detail5

DirtiestGirl_Detail6

DirtiestGirl_Detail2

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope I inspired you to get out your inks, gelatos, paints, or colored pencils and have some fun creating with the Colour Me Happy collection too.

 ~Marcia

1 comment:

I love hearing what you think!