Monday, June 13, 2016

Bloom & Grow - Simple Stories

Hello blogging friends

I am so excited to share a couple awesome Simple Stories layouts today using the brand new Bloom & Grow collection. I think I have a new favorite collection!! It combines my love of gardening with my love for paper. I just love those little gnomes to pieces. 

For my first layout "Bloom & Grow", I wanted to use a chicken wire background digital cut file and fill in the negative space with a variety of pattern papers. The prints are small enough on the 12x12 Bloom & Grow paper to make this possible. You could also use the 6x6 paper pad. This is a perfect way to use up scraps when you are nearing the end of playing with your papers. I added some stitching too for a little more texture. My animal loving daughter Colette is the little girl on this layout.


At the top of the page I used one of the 4x12 page elements. I love that Bloom & Grow graphic! I thought it would make a great title too. I gave it a little dimension by placing a chipboard sticker over the "&".


One of the those fabulous chipboard gnomes embellishes my photo. Those pink enamel dots work so well to give him a nose and make him look more life-like. There are the cuties little sayings as well. I couldn't resist the "chillin' with my gnomies".


More garden elements are clustered near the bottom of my layout along with another gnome. Isn't he is so adorable?


For my second layout "Be Happy", I decided to layer my pattern papers along with some die cut doilies to give my layout a country look. The woodgrain background paper adds a rustic feel and really shows off the delicate doily.


This adorable little bird and birdhouse make a nice cluster over the doily in the upper right. I couldn't resist adding a little jute bow here too,


The Simple Stories Bits & Pieces are fabulous for tucking under photos too. They are layered here with some Stickers, Chipboard, Enamel Dots, and oh so pretty Bradz.


I like distressing the edges of my papers slightly by rolling corners, or bending and tearing the edges. It helps to add dimension so your layout doesn't look so flat.



Thanks for stopping by today. Watch for both of the new Bloom & Grow and Sunshine & Happiness Simple Stories collections at your local scrapbook store. You will absolutely LOVE them!





1 comment:

I love hearing what you think!