Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Make A Splash - Simple Stories

Hello blogging friends!

I am so excited to share a couple projects today using the brand new Simple Stories Sunshine and Happiness collection. It's bright and fun, perfect for all kinds of summer photos.

This first project is a fun summer layout titled Make A Splash. I am using some photos of my daughter playing in a small wading pool. I added a few JustNick Studios digital cut files as I wanted a big warm inviting sun and I also wanted some water. Take a look ...



I really love that yellow Hello Sunshine paper. I used some white cardstock to layer under my photos so they wouldn't get lost among all the color. I used some fabulous Bits and Pieces die cuts, Enamel Dots, Bradz, and Stickers to embellish. These phrase stickers are awesome!




I placed my title inside that big sun using some of the Simple Stories alpha stickers combined with a JustNick Studios digital die cut word; Splash. Mixing fonts and text size makes my title more interesting. I added some machine stitching for texture inside the sun as well. I think I add machine stitching on most of my layouts.



... GROW
For my second project I created a home decor piece. I am an avid gardener having both flower and vegetable gardens and was ecstatic to see the Simple Stories Bloom and Grow collection. There are all sorts of projects I want to make with it. This shadowbox frame was one, but I needed some orange. Good thing that the Simple Stories Sunshine and Happiness collection had the perfect orange. The woodgrain background paper is from the Bloom and Grow collection. There are also different woodgrain background papers in the Simple Stories Snap Basics that could be used instead.


The 3D carrots are from the SVGcuts Happy Easter digital cut file. Yes, 3D .... here are a few more detailed shots ...


I used some white vinyl and my Silhouette to cut the Grow script that I mounted on the front of the shadowbox frame glass.


I am thrilled with how this turned out. It looks fabulous in my porch! 

Thanks for stopping by today. Watch for both of the new Simple Stories collections at your local scrapbook store. You will love them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!