Friday, March 18, 2016

Hello Paradise! - Simple Stories

Hello everyone! 

Marcia here today with some travel layout inspiration for you. My husband and I recently returned from out first vacation in Hawaii and I could not wait to dig into the Simple Stories You Are Here collection to start scrapping my favorite photos. The first half of our trip we stayed on the island of Oahu. One of the places we visited was the Polynesian Cultural Center ... a must if you are ever on Oahu!! These awesome dancers performed on huge canoes in the river and were so much fun to watch. My layout is bright and energetic, just like the dancers.


I used a few Chipboard Frames to add dimension and frame some of the Bits and Pieces die cuts. This flamingo was a hands down favorite of mine. Layering palm leaves behind adds a tropical flair and keeps the flamingo from blending into the background.


 I also used a chipboard frame that I cut in half at the top and bottom of my layout and layered more die cuts here too.


 I love the variety of alpha stickers on the sticker sheets. They are perfect for long titles like this one where I can mix the fonts...


My second layout features my favorite photo from our stay on the island of Kauai. I caught the morning sunrise colors still in the sky. Since this photo was a favorite, I decided to use a large print. The Simple Stories papers were perfect to frame above and below my photo. This layout is much more serene...


I used the alpha stickers to document the name of the lighthouse and created clusters by layering die cuts, wood veneers, enamel dots, and brads. I love adding a little texture on my layouts by machine stitching on them.



The title came from the Fundamentals Cardstock Sticker Sheet. I love that "HELLO" with the palm trees! 



Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I inspired you to put the You Are Here collection on your must have list!



1 comment:

  1. Both pages are just gorgeous!! Love this collection and works perfectly with your photos!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!