Friday, February 19, 2016

Life Is Better When You're Laughing - Simple Stories

Hello blogging friends!

I am so excited to be sharing my first Simple Stories layouts with you. My cutie patootie nephew recently celebrated his second birthday. I couldn't wait to scrap this picture of him using the new Simple Stories Let's Party collection. Take a look ...


I just adore this background paper with the two party goers on it and I didn't want to cover them up, so I created my photo and embellishment cluster in the opposite corner. Here I layered papers, stickers, chipboard stickers, decorative brads, bits and pieces die cuts, and some fun enamel dots.


The Number "2" is a Pocket Piece, it was designed to fit into a pocket page. I thought it would be fun to include on a traditional layout too. These pocket pieces have different colored dots on them which work really well for embellishing with the enamel dots.


I love adding a little dimension to my layouts by using foam tape underneath some of the stickers and bits and pieces die cuts.


My second layout is also from a birthday party, but not a kid party. We were celebrating my Dad's 75th birthday, my niece's 30th, my daughter's 24th, and my nephew's 18th at Twin Cities Whirlyball. What is Whirlyball? Think of lacrosse in bumper cars. So Much Fun!! Since the bumper cars were yellow and red, I decided to use the new Simple Stories Life In Color collection. I really love how versatile this collection is.


I had a lot of photos and wanted to include as many as possible, but I did not want my layout to look crowded. I opted to die cut a film strip using my Silhouette that I could frame some smaller photos in. I pulled other camera elements from the Life In Color collection to coordinate with the film strip like this decorative brad and the cameras on the washi paper tape.


I tucked a couple tags under my photos in the upper right. This is a fun way to hide more journaling. Along with the tags is a clip I embellished with another decorative brad.


I included one more chipboard sticker camera in the lower right under my journaling. The washi paper tape is so fun to use. I added another red strip here to draw in the eye.


Thanks for stopping by today.
~Marcia


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!