Thursday, January 21, 2016

Basic Grey Dear Heart Banner and Xyron

Hello blogging friends!

I am sharing a wedding idea today. When my daughter got married she wanted a vintage suitcase to hold the cards guests brought. I made a banner to hang on the suitcase so people would know the suitcase was for cards. It was perfect for her retro themed wedding.  Well, I've had a request to borrow the suitcase for another wedding ... I decided to make a new banner for the bride so she could keep it. I used the soft and romantic Dear Heart collection from Basic Grey and my Xyron adhesive.


I just tied the ends of the ribbon on the suitcase clips for display. This suitcase was slightly larger than a laptop bag if that gives you an idea for size.


Let me show you how I created the banner.

Supplies:
Silhouette Cameo
Digital file for the banner
Hole Punch

Step 1.  I found a banner in the Silhouette On-line Store and cut out enough for 5 pennants.


Step 2.  I ran the pink pieces and green scallop pieces though my new Xyron 9" Creative Station.


Step 3.  After adhering the pink pennants on top of the scallop base piece, I punched 2 holes at the top.


Step 4.  Weave a long piece of ribbon through each hole, leaving lots of length on both ends for hanging.


Step 5.  Adhere the green scallop border at the top over the ribbon.


Step 6.   Take a piece of white cardstock slightly wider than a small doily die and run it through a Xyron 3" Sticker Maker. I love taking these with me on crops!


Step 7.  Peel off the plastic sheet on top. Place your doily die on top and run through your die cutting machine.


Step 8.  Peel the doily off it's adhesive sheet and adhere to the banner. I love that if I apply the adhesive first and then die cut, I have no adhesive residue to clean up in the doily holes. Now place a letter sticker in the middle. Embellish with other stickers if you like.


Here is what my suitcase looks like closed. It was originally a blue suitcase. I spray painted it black. The inside was also blue and not very pretty looking. I applied some gold contact paper inside to cover up the blue and added a few stick on gems.


Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check out the Xyron Facebook page all week to see what our other designers have been making. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!