Wednesday, October 7, 2015

You're Sweet - Top Dog Dies Tutorial

Hello blogging friends.

Happy Wednesday! I have a Top Dog Dies tutorial for you today on how to do a partial die cut to create a panel on your card that can swing open. Let me show you what I mean ...


You can see that the center panel swings open...


Let me show you how I did this ...

I used the new Top Dog Dies Pocket Page Fall die set to create my center panel, but lots of other dies would work with this technique too.

Step 1.  Cut a piece of paper for your card front. A two-sided piece of paper works best. You will be able to see both sides. Score it down the middle only in the center of the card. don't score it all the way to the edges. Using washi tape, tape the die to the pattern paper so that it is centered in the middle of the card front. Then tape it to your die cutting machine base plate, so the score marks line up with the edge of the cutting base. This way when you roll it through your machine, it will only cut half of the card front. The washi tape will hold everything in place so the die doesn't move as you create your sandwich.


Step 2. Cut a piece of cardstock for the card base leaving only an inch or so for the card front. Score it. Attach the card front to the card back.


Step 3. Die cut an image from pattern paper using the same die, Trim the edges away if you like a matted look. Attach to the folded back panel.


Step 4. Now you are ready to embellish your card with more die cuts. I used the squirrel, leaves, and acorns. I like to ink the edges of my die cuts, but that is difficult to do with such small dies, so I use a Distress Marker. Draw over the interior cuts as well using the same marker.


Here are my dies all inked up...


Supplies:
Top Dog Dies Fall Pocket Page die set
Pattern Papers: Imaginisce Give Thanks collection
Distress Ink
twine

Thanks for stopping by today!
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!