Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sparkle - Xyron and Craftwell tutorial

Hello blogging friends.

Xyron teamed up with Craftwell again and I was lucky enough to be able to play with the "Girls Best Friend" die set by the amazing Teresa Collins.

I knew straight off that I wanted to make a shaker card with lots of sparkling sequins. Take a look at the cards I created.


and another view when the card is flat, so you can see more of those sequins, stars, and diamond rings.

Let me show you how I created it....

Step 1.  Cut a piece of cardstock for your card front and using the Sparkle die, run it through your die cut machine.


Step 2.  Lay this die cut on top of a piece of foam, cut slightly smaller than the card front. Carefully mark where the top, bottom and sides are so you can later cut this away.


Step 3.  Run the foam through the Xyron 9" Creative Station with the 5" permanent adhesive.


Step 4.  Trim away the foam using our markings as a guide. You will want to trim away about 1/4" more at least so this is not visible from the front of the card. Adhere this to your card base.


Step 5.  Let's die cut some stars and rings for our shaker card out of gold foil paper.


Step 6.  Fill the cut out space with sequins and die cuts.

Step 7.  Run the card front through the Xyron 9" Creative Station with the 5" permanent adhesive.


Step 8.  Trim a piece of acetate and adhere to back side of card front.


Step 9.  Apply some Xyron Double Sided High Tack Tape to the side edges of the acetate. This will keep the sequins and dies from escaping.


Step 10.  Carefully line up card front edges with the card base. Then you are ready to shake, shake, shake.


Now, I don't like to throw away beautiful die-cuts or scraps, so I created a second card using the positive Sparkle die cut.



Here is how I created this one...

Step 1.  Insert the die cut face down into Xyron 1.5" Sticker Maker.


Step 2.  Peel off paper backing and place face down in glitter. Press firmly to get the glitter to stick all over.


Step 3.  Run a scrap piece of the gold foil paper through the Xyron 3" Sticker Maker. I love taking this one to crops instead of packing my larger Creative Station.


Step 4.  Place die cut on top of foil paper and run through you die cut machine.


Step 5.  Assemble your card. When you are ready to use the die cuts, just peel off the paper backing.


Step 6.  Adhere the Sparkle die cut and some stars and your card is complete.


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!