Monday, August 17, 2015

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star - Xyron and Craftwell

Hello blogging friends!


Xyron is teaming up with Craftwell all this week and today I get to share what I created with one of their embossing folders. I used the Star folder which will be coming to stores soon, I promise. It's a new release.


Those stars had me thinking....Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, so of course I had to dig out my Graphic 45 Mother Goose collection to see what I could find. Here is the card I created.



I love how it turned out, don't you. Let me show you how I created it.

Supplies you will need:
Xyron new Creative Station with 9" and 5" permanent adhesive
Xyron Mega Runner
Xyron Adhesive Dots
Craftwell Stars Embossing Folder
Pattern Paper
Core'dinations Cardstock
Big Kick or other machine for embossing
Distressing Tool
twine
button
scissors
paper trimmer

Step 1.  Trim down a piece of cardstock the width of your embossing folder and run it through your embossing machine.


Step 2. Use a distressing tool to sand the raised stars, allowing the core color to show.


Step 3. Cut a piece of pattern paper slightly larger that the embossed cardstock. Run both pieces through the new Xyron 9" Creative Station. Adhere the embossed cardstock on top of the pattern paper.


Step 4. Die cut a pennant flag. I use washi tape to hold my die in place. This is especially helpful with pattern paper like this, so I can be sure to get everything straight.


Step 5. Trim the journal card with the little boy looking out the window. Since there were two, I took the second one and fussy cut just the boy and the blanket out.


Step 6. I like dimension, so I adhered the boy on top of the journal card using foam squares and then adhered him to my card with foam squares also. I used my Xyron Mega Runner to adhere the flag in the upper left.


Switch out the 9" adhesive for the 5" adhesive. It is so easy to do. Open the top, pull out the 9" roll, flip up the green 5" guide, pop in the 5" roll, and close the lid. Easy Peasy.


Step 7. Run the card front through the Xyron Creative Station with the 5" adhesive roll in place and mount to card base.


Step 8. Tie a bow with some twine. This is my secret to creating the perfect bow; it's a Bow-Easy. Add a button to the middle of the bow.


Step 9. Adhere the bow and button using Xyron adhesive dots. Don't touch the adhesive dot, but instead set the backside of the bow on top of the dot, then pull gently off.


Step 10. Adhere a chipboard flag on top of the other flag using the same adhesive dots.


Thanks for stopping by, Go check out the Xyron and Craftwell Facebook pages all week long to see more inspiration.

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!