Saturday, June 20, 2015

Masculine Birthday Card - Xyron and DCWV

Hello blogging friends. I have a card to share today that I made with the DCWV Hey Sailor Stack papers and stencils, and my Xyron adhesive. The Hey Sailor Stack is perfect for masculine cards or layouts. I decided to make a birthday card.



Let me show you how I created my card...

Step 1.  Trim the anchor image from the 12x12 paper and tape to back of stencil. I like to use washi tape.


Step 2.  Flip the stencil over. I used BoBunny's Gold Glitter paste, but any molding paste would work.

Step 3.  Apply a liberal amount of paste over the stencil using a spatula. Remove stencil and wash off the excess paste. Set the paper aside and let the glitter past dry.


Step 4. Cut striped paper 5" x 6.5" and using the Xyron Mega Runner apply it to the card base. Trim whale paper into 3 strips each measuring 1.5" x 5". Notch one end of each strip of the whale paper. I like to notch my paper strips using a square punch turned upside down so I can see where the punch will make its cut. Adhere notched paper strips to card base using the Xyron Mega Runner.


Step 5.  Place the 5" cartridge into the Xyron Creative Station. Run the anchor paper through the Creative Station.


Step 6.  Cut a piece of fish net and adhere to the sticky back side of the anchor paper. Add some foam squares and mount to card base.


Step 7.  Cut "Birthday" from gold paper using Silhouette Cameo. Run the die cut through the Xyron 2.5" Create A Sticker Maker. Adhere to top of anchor.




The DCWV stencils were so fun to play with. I also used them to add gold glitter paste to a photo. I love how it turned out. You can see this layout here if you are interested.


Xyron Products Used:

Other Products Used: 
Gold paper
Fish Net
BoBunny Gold Glitter Paste
Silhouette Cameo
Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!