Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Go ... See ... Do... - Clique Kits

Hello blogging friends!

I have another layout to share using the awesome June Clique Kit featuring the Crate Paper Journey collection! I am not a PL scrapper, but I still love to use those journal cards to tell a story on my layouts. I cut out the "Our Adventure" journal card and started listing a few of the highlights from a late summer camping trip. We were camping in Jay Cooke State Park near Duluth Minnesota. My son was having a great time exploring in the creek nearby. I remember yelling at him not to ruin his new school tennis shoes in the water. So he carefully took them off and left them on the bank before jumping rocks to cross the creek. I snapped his photo and as he was jumping rocks to come back, he slipped and caught himself, but his foot was sliced open on a sharp rock! We ended up having to take him to a nearby hospital emergency room. Life with boys! You can see I used Lacey's mountain cut file too. It looks awesome with my photo.

  GoSeeDo

One of my favorite parts of the kit are these gold acetate journaling cards. They are super fun to layer over the pattern paper and ephemera pieces. You can see I used staples and even stitched over them to keep them in place. I didn't want to use any adhesive that would show.

  GoSeeDetail

Don't you just love these wooden tokens by Maya Road too!

  GoSeeTag

DOdetail   

 Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

I love hearing what you think!