Wednesday, January 7, 2015

S.W.A.K. - Valentine Tutorial for Top Dog Dies

Hello blogging friends. I’m so thrilled to be posting for the first time as a design team member for Top Dog Dies.

Now that New Year's celebrating is over I am thinking it's time to create some Valentines. When I saw this Heart Doily die, I knew I wanted to create a shaker card with it.




Want to give it a try? Here’s what you’ll need...

Supplies:
Top Dog Heart Doily Die
Top Dog Heart Mini Album Finishers Die Set
Top Dog Hearts Border die
Top Dog Vintage Alphabet die
cardstock in white, black, light pink, bright pink, and red
white foam sheet (look in the kid's craft section)
transparency (office supply)
pattern paper
sequins
Xyron Creative Station, tape runner

Step 1.
With both dies of the Heart Doily, cut 1 from the foam sheet, and one from light pink cardstock. If your dies are cut apart, use washi tape to keep the dies in place while cutting. These metal dies will cut through the foam with no problem!



Step 2.
Cut the dies apart and using just the outer die, cut 1 from white cardstock and 1 from transparency.

Step 3.
Create some confetti for inside the shaker using the Heart Border die. Cut 1 each from the red, light pink, and bright pink cardstock.



Step 4.
Assembly. Adhere the transparency over the foam heart frame followed by the pink frame. I find I like to use my Xyron Creative Station for shakers to ensure a good adhesive seal all around. This way the confetti and sequins won't leak out. Once the pink frame and transparency are adhered to the foam, run it through the Xyron Creative Station again.



Step 5.
Turn the heart shaker upside down and fill with confetti and sequins. Carefully adhere the white cardstock heart on top.

Step 6.
Now you are ready to create your card with your shaker! I used the Vintage Alphabet die for my S.W.A.K. (sealed with a kiss) and the Heart Mini Album finishers set for the envelope, lips, and heart.



So, I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial today and hope that you will come see me over on my blog One Scrap At a Time

Have a great week!
~Marcia


3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful, Marcia! I love everything about it! I was thinking of using those tiny little hearts in some way too, but I've never done a shaker card. Great job with the tutorial, teammie! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!