Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year - Love My Tapes

Hello blogging friends.  Marcia here today with a confession. I did not get all my Christmas cards mailed. Life is just so busy before Christmas. But I wanted my friends and family to know I've been thinking about them, so I decided I needed to make some Happy New Year cards.





I cut the sentiment with my Silhouette Cameo and instead of using the positive, I filled the negative space underneath with washi tape. I thought this silver washi tape with tiny stars was perfect.

Here is another making use of the negative, but on this card I ran the washi taped cardstock through my Cameo. This same technique can be done with dies or other electronic cutting machine. Since I was working with a striped pattern, I also took care to match up the stripes.



and here is my card...



By using the positive and the negative cuts for my cards, I was able to make several cards quickly. So if you are like me and don't want to fall off your friends and family Christmas card lists, it's not too late. Send a New Year's card instead.

linking up to Paper Issues "popping the cork" party.

Thanks for stopping by. Here's to a fabulous 2015!

3 comments:

  1. Such a brilliant idea!!! Gorgeous cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards. Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Issues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your card! Thank you for linking up to the Paper Issues current link party!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!