Friday, July 18, 2014

Prom Night - Mixed Media Layout for Love My Tapes

Hello blogging friends!  I am sharing a washi tape mixed media layout on the Love My Tapes blog today. Did you know that washi tape is a fabulous way to add layers on a mixed media background. On my layout I layered pieces of torn paper and washi tape, then added some gesso, modeling paste, and inks. Take a look ...



That's my niece in the photo. Isn't she gorgeous!! I couldn't wait to scrap this fabulous picture. 

Here is a closer look at my background. The washi tape I used had text on it. Do you see it? The torn paper and torn edges of the tape give my layout a grungy feel. That chipboard piece is from Creative Embellishments. I LOVE their chipboard. I painted it with gesso then inked it with VersaMark ink and added some shabby blue embossing powder. The embossing powder was heat set until it melted, giving it a little shimmer, perfect for Prom.




I am linking up with the July Creative Embellishments and the Paper Wings Productions joint challenge. Here is the July photo prompt ...


My inspiration was those gorgeous blues and those flowers. The other rule is that you must emboss something (dry or heat). I chose to emboss my chipboard piece.

Have a great week!
~Marcia

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Marcia! What a stunning layout and wonderful photo! Great alteration on that chipboard, too! So excited to see you playing along with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this is gorgeous and that background is beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your BG and Chippy treatment! Beautiful LO! Love it! Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this LO! Thanks for playing at Creative Embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pic and page! Love the punched border and flower cluster! Thanks for playing along at CE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layout! Love the altered CE flourish, fab diecut details and punched border! Thanks for playing along w/the Creative Embellishments July Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!