Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Shining - Road Trip Imaginisce Fun!

Hello blogging friends! We are celebrating Summer on the Imaginisce blog all week. I have a fun road trip layout that I am sharing there. When I think of Summer vacations, I think ROAD TRIP! As a kid we piled in the car and took off where ever. When it started to get dark we stopped and pitched a tent. You really get to see the country when you're driving through it instead of flying. I kept up the tradition with my own kids (only instead of pitching a tent, we upgraded to a hardsided camper. Complete with flush toilet and shower.) Being in a car forces your kids to interact with eachother (if you take away their smart phones). On this particular trip we were headed to Fort Collins, Colorado to check out the Colorado State University campus. Before heading for home though we wanted to spend some time in those beautiful Rocky Mountains. We ended up in Estes Park, a small tourist town just outside of the Rocky Mountain National Park. There we found the Stanley Hotel. This is the hotel that inspired Stephen King to write "The Shining". He actually spent months writing there. Well of course we had to check it out. My oldest daughter is a writer! The kids had a blast re-enacting scenes from the movie. I was a little freaked out when I turned on a TV in the hotel and the movie was playing. All their TVs are set up to play "The Shining" when you turn them on, lol. It wasn't a ghost, whew! Anyway, here is my layout featuring the fun Perfect Vacation collection.


This fabulous sketch from Creative Scrappers was great for inspiration ...


I used my Silhouette to trace the title from an old movie poster then I cut it out. I also thought it would be fun to include the states Minnesota (where we began our journey) and Colorado (where we ended up). Here are some close-ups ...





Supplies:
Imaginisce : Pattern Papers, Cardstock Die Cuts, Sticker Stackers (Perfect Vacation), Foam Tape
American Crafts: Cardstock, Adhesive
Studio Calico: Cork Arrows, Geo Tags, Wood Veneers
 
Hope you have a great week! Any road trips in your future?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this page and the story behind it. One of the best horror (scary films). Love how all tvs are set to play the shining. Sounds like you all had a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!