Thursday, November 7, 2013

Gone But Not Forgotten - Imaginisce

This past July, my husband and I were fortunate enough to be in our Capital City to celebrate the 4th of July. It was my first trip there. My husband, a former Marine, has been there numerous times. It's very moving to see our countries artifacts and to visit all the memorials. The Vietnam War Memorial is one of the most moving. Perhaps because as a child I remember seeing the Vietnam war footage on TV. My Dad was a bit old to be drafted at the time, and with little kids, he was probably not at the top of the draft so I did not know anyone who fought there. My uncles too are older and served in Korea. When you see all those names etched in stone and the expanse of the wall, you begin to grasp just how many fathers, brothers, and sons, did not come home. But they still have family that visit the wall, so my title of this layout is 'Gone, But Not Forgotten'. 


Imaginisce papers are so versatile. Take another look at the B side of the papers, at the bright solid colors and subtle patterns that you can use for vacation or everyday scrapbooking. I used my i-Rock to draw attention to my title. It's amazing how with an i_Rock and a little bling you can turn a project from so so, into wow!


Imaginisce Supplies: Pattern paper: Childhood Memories; i-Rock; Metallic Hot Rocks; Foam Adhesive;
Core'dinations cardstock, Silhouette studio file

Imaginisce is paying homage to veterans all week in honor of Veterans Day. Be sure to stop by their blog and check out all the other designer's projects.      Almost Friday! Wahoooo!
~Marcia

1 comment:

I love hearing what you think!