Friday, October 25, 2013

Put a Doily on It - ScrapTownLady cards

Hello blogging friends. Are you glad it's Friday? I am so looking forward to scrapping with some friends over the weekend. Just what I need, some girl time.

I have a pair of cards to share with you that I made for ScrapTownLady. The first one was inspired by DT friend Patti J Gilliam. I just loved her Carta Bella Hello Again card. I made this one for my daughter, Naomi (my writer). She saw this typewriter paper and let out an exclamation. I think she would wallpaper her walls with it if she could. I fussy cut the typewriter out and used some foam tape behind it to give it some dimension. No sentiment stamp needed :)  See the little doily I put behind the typewriter. I think it just makes it pop, don't you.



Here is my second card using Authentique's Seasons Fall again, but for a get well card. When I saw this journal card I immediately thought, 'Keeps the Dr Away.' I love how white doilies look with this collection. Add some stitching and it reminds me of my Mom's house. Love the homespun look.


When die-cutting, I like to use washi tape to keep my paper from moving. This is especially helpful if you need to run your die through your die cut machine a few times. The washi tape will peel right off most papers. Test it first to see. You can reuse the washi tape over and over again too. I stick it right to my desk until I need it next time.


ScrapTownLady Supplies:
Carta Bella Hello Again Chit Chat
Carta Bella Hello Again Typewriters
Authentique Seasons Autumn 3
Authentique Seasons Autumn Enhancements
Bazzill cardstock in Black 
Cheery Lynn Rum Punch Doily 
Cheery Lynn Dutch Scallop Square  
My Favorite Things Die-namics Fishtail Flags 
Distress Ink in Walnut 
Glue Dots  
Scrapbook Adhesives Foam Squares 
Scotch Quick Dry Glue

Other Supplies:
Hero Arts Sentiment stamp
Bazzill cardstock in white

Shop the ScrapTownLady Store to stock up on supplies :) Thanks for stopping by.
~Marcia

1 comment:

  1. Such lovely cards. Thanks for the tip with the washi tape. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!