Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oh Baby! - Party Favors Imaginisce Style

Hello blogging friends. I am having fun creating some things for my niece's baby shower. She is having a boy!! I decided to make some party favors for table decor, Imaginisce style. I wanted to stick with primary colors and thought building blocks would be fun and playful. This cut file from Lori Whitlock was perfect. These block boxes open, so I can tuck some candy away inside. They can be spread around, or stacked to make more of a statement. My niece has selected a jungle theme for her nursery, so I added a few die cut animals.


Now, if you are planning a shower and the Mom-to-be is expecting a girl, Don't Worry. I got something for you too. Aren't these baby booties adorable? 


I used a couple of Imaginisce tools to make these. If you love crafting with ribbon, then the i-Magicut Ribbon Cutter is a must for you. No more frayed ends! It's so easy to use too. Turn it on. Open it up. Place your ribbon on top. Close. Press button on top for about 5 seconds. Easy Peasy


I also added bling to both the baby booties and the building blocks. A little bling just makes them more festive. These lighted tweezers makes it so much easier to see what you are doing.


Once the bling was placed where I wanted it, I used the i-Rock to adhere my gems.  




Supplies:
Imaginisce Pattern Paper: Childhood Memories, Outdoor Adventure, and Love You More; i-Magicut; i-Rock; Lighted Tweezers; crystal gems
Kraft cardstock: Core'dinations; Silhouette cut files; Quick Quote Chalk ink in Maraschino Cherry and Blue Moon, Ranger Distress ink in Wild Honey and Tattered Rose; Ribbon


The September challenge is up on the Imaginisce blog too. Here is the sketch...






The only rule for this month is: Summer Favorites/Recap (basically pick your favourite summer memories, photos, trips, etc)

Here is my take...



One of my favorite things about summer is all that summer fruit. This year I went raspberry and blueberry picking with my friend Margaret. We missed out on the strawberries. With winter hanging on forever here in Minnesota, all the crops were delayed. I included apples here too because technically its not Fall until late September. Apple orchards are open for picking here already. I can't wait for the new Sweet Tango apple variety the University of Minnesota has developed. (They are better than Honeycrisp!). The Sweet Tangos are hard to find though, so Honeycrisps will make me happy too. I made raspberry and blueberry jam this year. I love to bake pies too, so there is a picture of an apple and a triple berry pie. Blueberries are so good in pancakes too. I need to try some gluten free versions of these out on my husband. We just realized he is gluten intolerant.

I cut the triangles with my silhouette and then filled the space with my cropped photos. Here is a close up...



I hope you will join us in our next challenge. Thanks for stopping by,
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!