Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy Day - Scrap Town Lady

Oh Happy Day! Scrap Town Lady has the new My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 Oliver collection and I got a chance to play with it!!
Yesterday was my niece's birthday, so I made her a birthday card. You really need to browse the Scrap Town Lady store to see all of the pattern papers in this fabulous collection. I love the blue and yellow color combo and when you add a little glitter it becomes amazing! Being a scrapbooker first before getting into making cards, I still like a larger canvas to play on. This is a 5" x 6.5" card. The larger card size works well with 12 x 12 scrapbook papers which is what I used here. I took advantage of the collage of elements on this sheet of pattern paper and layered a few die cuts on top. The Bird Cage and Doily are from Cheery Lynn and the Fishtail Flag is from My Favorite Things.



Here is a tip for cutting a notch in washi tape. Adhere the end of the washi tape to a scrap of paper. Slide this scrap of paper into a corner of a square punch (turned upside down so you can see what you are doing). Now you can punch through the washi tape without the tape getting stuck in your punch. Carefully peel from the paper and apply to your card. Give it a try.

Scrap Town Lady Supplies:
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 Oliver Bingo
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 Oliver Blue Lace
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 Oliver Chipboard Elements
My Mind's Eye Lost & Found 3 Oliver Decorative Tape
My Favorite Things Die-namics Fishtail Flags
Cheery Lynn French Pastry Doily
Cheery Lynn Bird Cage
May Arts Sheer Ribbon With Ruffled Edge in Antique Gold
Ranger Distress Ink in Tea Dye, Pumice Stone, Stormy Sky
Glue Dots 3/8"

Enjoy the rest of your week!
~Marcia

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the colors and the way you put everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! I love the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - Love the gold accents with the blue!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!