Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dream Big

I couldn't sleep last night so I stayed up way too late scrappin this layout of my daughter Naomi.
I fell in love with the Serenade collection from Basic Grey while shopping for Christmas presents so this was my present to myself, lol. It has gorgeous muted colors, music note papers (perfect for Trenton or Colette who love music), but it also had all these writing elements (perfect for Naomi my future writer). Throw in a bird here and there and I was a goner. I've been dying to use these papers, but have been busy with DT assignments and life. So not being able to sleep was a good thing, because I love how this layout turned out.
Here are some close-ups for you.....
I ruffled the black polka dot paper after punching the edge with a small scallop border punch. Paper is more pliable when wet. After misting with water, gently fold into pleats. The Practical Scrappers On Trend design team has lots of other ideas for incorporating ruffles. Go check it out.
The chipboard book I tucked in at the top contains my journaling. "to do:  write novel, become famous". These are pictures I took of Naomi during her senior year of High School. She is now a semester away from graduating with her Masters Degree and currently writing that first novel for her thesis. I'll keep my fingers crossed that a publishing house will pick it up.

I used the sketch over at My Creative Sketches. I've been following their blog for a long time, drooling over their kits and the amazing layouts the design team creates. I am glad I finally had some time to play along....
If you would like to join in this sketch challenge, you have until March 14.

Come back and check out my Imaginisce projects Monday.
~Marcia

4 comments:

  1. Love the muted colors with the pop of oranges. Such a stunning color combination. I love all your elements and I'm so glad you had some time to just sit back, relax and create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This layout is so beautiful... I love the colors and the design. I will have to try out that sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! Love how the papers and colors matched the photos perfectly! Thanks for joining in the fun at MCS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty , love the colors thanks for joining the fun at My Creative Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!