Monday, February 18, 2013

Sealed With a Kiss - Quick Quotes Inspiration

Happy Presidents Day Quick Quotes friends! If you live in the United States and are lucky, you have the day off work. Me, I am not so lucky.
Quick Quotes has a gorgeous wedding collection called Simple Elegance that will be available to you in mid March. Not only that, but they will also have wedding albums and scrapbook page kits.The black and white papers are perfect for weddings, prom, or any formal occasion. You can add any color you want and it will look fabulous. Well it inspired me to go through my wedding photo album to find something to scrap. I have only scrapped one other picture so far from our wedding 30 years ago! This one is a favorite of mine because these pictures were taken in the park where my husband proposed to me.
The black and white papers really set off the color photos. I wanted to create a stamped background to extend the outdoors and anchor the photos. I used Midnight Confessions Powderpuff ink, then embossed with a transparent sparkle embossing powder. It is subtle but gives it a little bit of elegance I think. Then I added just a touch of color with some Pink Cheeks Powderpuff ink using my H2O pen. Unfortunately the sparkle doesn't come across in these pictures. Adding a few color coordinating flowers and the butterflies are the final touches.

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Simple Elegance collection (available in mid March)
Powderpuff ink in Midnight Confession, Pink Cheeks, and Green Tea

Other Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill, Die Cuts With a View
Rose crystals: Prima, Say it in Crystals
Blue Flowers and Butterflies: Prima Melody Blue
Typo Bulbs: Prima Junkyard Findings Vintage Trinkets
Paper Roses: Kaisercraft Mini Paper Blooms in Coconut and Fairy Floss
Rubber Stamp: Stampendous Rosehips Jumbo Cling Rubber
Stardust Embossing powder: Stampendous
Thread: DMC floss and Coats and Clark
Die: Cheery Lynn small Fourish
Heart pins: Maya Road
Tools: Silhouette Cameo, Sewing machine
Font: Lavanderia 

Well I hope I have inspired you to look through your wedding photos, or your parent's wedding photos and find something you can scrap with this gorgeous collection too.
Have a great week!
~ Marcia

1 comment:

I love hearing what you think!