Thursday, February 14, 2013

Midway Thrills - Sketchablities Reveal

Happy Friday!!! I am so ready for the weekend aren't you. I have an awesome sketch to reveal for Sketchabilities...
When I first saw the sketch I had envisioned doing something frilly with lots of flowers. But I really wanted to use these My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Dilly Dally papers I've had for almost a year now. So this is what I came up with....
I love these pictures of Naomi enjoying the rides at the Minnesota State Fair. The Dilly Dally collection came with coordinating stamps that I used to create tickets and also to add some color and detail to my corner cluster.
I couldn't help adding a banner here too. It just adds to the festiveness.
I have been playing around with different fonts and this one was suggested by my friend Caroli. Its called  Lavanderia. I can tell that this is going to be one of my favorites. I love how the Cameo can cut script fonts.

Gossamer Blue and My Mind's Eye are looking for a guest designer, so I thought why not throw my hat in the ring too. I miss working with a scrapbook kit, but with so much paper filling my scrapbook room I am not ready to commit yet to a subscription. My Mind's Eye has always been a favorite paper manufacturer of mine. The guest designer search ends February 16th, so if you want to throw your hat in too there is not much time left.

So I hope to see lots of you playing along in this latest challenge at Sketchabilities.
~Marcia

1 comment:

  1. Love this Marcia! The pennants are awesome! This is one of my favorite MME lines! :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!