Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Paper Bag Mini - Quick Quotes Club Q Inspiration

Hello Quick Quotes friends! Marcia here today with some Club Q inspiration. When I got this month's Club Q kit I thought, WOW! Look at all this gorgeousness. I was so excited too, because these papers were perfect for some photos I wanted to scrap for a wedding gift. My daughter's friend, a girl who practically grew up in my house, is getting married! She has been a struggling single Mom for 4 years and I am so proud of her for the awesome mother that she has become. She didn't think she would find Mr Right. Then all of a sudden, there her was. He loves her little girl as if she were his own and adoption proceedings are in the works. She wants to surprise her family at Christmas with the news and these pictures my daughter took Thanksgiving weekend. So my local friends you need to keep this secret.

I created a paper bag mini with the Stowaway and Summer Breeze papers in the kit along with the embellishments meant for a 2 page layout. There was also a canvas that I inked up with my Powderpuff inks and placed on the cover. The vellum quote is part of the Travel Itty Bitty Box of Quotes. I thought it was perfect for a couple beginning a life together as a family. Did you know these Itty Bitty Quote Boxes come in many different themes. There is one for the Holidays too. Be sure to check it out in the Quick Quotes shop.
I stitched around the edges of the album to keep the paper firmly attached to the paper bag. Just be careful not to stitch your inside pages. What's nice about these paper bag minis is that you can add as many pages to the middle of the album as you want! Here is what the inside looks like ...
This first page is the bottom of the bag. To get this first page to open easier, I removed some of the bulk of the paper bag before adhering the paper which I scored.
 
There is a journalling tag partially hidden here that I left blank so they can add their own words later.
I used my Powderpuff chalk inks here to create a background using a snowflake screen.
Since these are winter pictures, I thought some icicles would be a nice touch...
And finally the back cover.... This is what my kids would call a booty shot. I take them all the time. Surprised to see that my own daughter would take one after teasing me about them for years. lol.
The bag opening is near the back. It's perfect for me to slip in some more photos for her.
I absolutely love the snowflake die cuts in the kit with these gorgeous brads.

Quick Quotes Supplies:
Stowaway 500: journal spot
Powderpuff Chalk inks in Tahiti, Baha Blue, and Mocha Mama
Travel Itty Bitty Box
Family Full Page vellum

Other Supplies:
Core'dinations cardstock in white
Doodlebug Alpha stickers - Teensy Type in Swimming Pool.
Hampton art snowflake screen
Glue Dots vellum adhesive
Martha Stewart Snowflake border punches
Maya Road Metal Vintage Trinket Birds
Spellbinders Edgabilities: Classic Scallop
SVGcuts.com - icicles from the Winter Bliss collection
crinkled ribbon: Prairie Bird Boutique (Etsy)
twine
cardboard
gesso

I hope you'll try one of these paper bag minis. They are so fun to do! Have a great day.
~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!