Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Leaves are Falling - Quick Quotes Inspiration

Hello Quick Quotes friends!  I have an autumn layout to share with you today that I made with the Quick Quotes Cherry Truffle collection. Squirrels for some reason like me to take their picture. I figure they must because they let me get real close. At this time of year they are always stuffing their faces too. I snapped this little guys photo on a recent trip to Itasca State Park in the Minnesota north woods.

I wanted to bring out the yellow a little more, so I distressed the edge of my photo and applied some Lemonade and Mango Mai Tai Powderpuff chalk ink. It frames the photo nicely. I did the same to the red paper. Here is a peek at the photo edge. You can also see that I used my Biscotti Powderpuff chalk ink on the edge of the vellum.
To embellish my layout, I used the Fall Leaves chipboard pieces. I wanted textured leaves, so I started by painting some gesso on my chipboard pieces. I applied more gesso in some places. After it was dry I painted the pieces with some brown acrylic paint. On the leaves, I then applied some Lemonade and Mango Mai Tai Powderpuff  chalk ink. I love how they turned out, textured with muted colors.
Quick Quotes Supplies:
Powderpuff chalk ink in Lemonade, Mango Mai Tai, Mocha Mama, Biscotti

Other supplies:
Core'dinations cardstock
Liquitex Gesso
Americana acrylic paint
bakers twine
Helmar V2 vellum adhesive
Alphabet stickers - Doodlebug Teensy Type in Bon Bon
Imaginisce D-Stress tool

I hope you will give photo distressing a try, and remember to use those powderpuff inks to add some color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!