Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Collection of Poetry - Quick Quotes Canvas Inspiration

Marcia here today and I am so glad its the weekend!! I hope you all have wonderful plans. I am going to relax with a good book in my hammock I think. Maybe this one I made with Quick Quotes canvas, the Stowaway collection of papers and Powderpuff chalk ink!
 My daughter Naomi is working on her Masters Degree of Fine Arts with an emphasis on creative writing. She has been lucky enough to be published in several literary journals, of which I have several. I thought it would be better to compile at least the poetry into a collection on its own. The cover was finished with Powderpuff ink using a Crafter's Workshop template as a stencil. I then added a few swirls embossed in white and spritzed the whole thing with Tattered Angels chalkboard mist to give it all a shimmer. Here are the inside pages ...


I left some space to add a few more pictures that I am waiting on my daughter to send me. I was in a bit of a panic when I realized I did not have enough of my favorite vellum adhesive; Glue Dots. But washi tape to the rescue!! It worked great to adhere my vellum and I was able to add some color to the washi tape using my Quick Quotes Powderpuff chalk ink. I hope I have inspired you to try some canvas too.

Quick Quotes supplies:
Stowaway papers (100, 200, 300, 400)
Powderpuff chalk ink in Tahiti, Baja Blue, Mocha Mama, Biscotti, and Limeade
(2)  4x6 Canvas

Other Supplies:
white embossing powder by Stampendous
binder rings
boxboard (from a cat food box)
vellum
Tim Holtz idea-ology tissue tape - symphony
Recollections crafting tape
Mini Market alpha stickers by October Afternoon
Tiny Type alpha stickers by Cosmos Cricket
Charme Rose Song Bird flowers by Prima
Ribbon (some from Really Reasonable Ribbon)
Crafter's Workshop 6x6 diamond template
Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer mist
Tattered Angels acrylic stamp set for Garden Lattice

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. wow, Marcia, stunning project! love the cover and the idea of a poem book. your daughter is also creative as her mom:)
    have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project Marcia! Love it! Hope you're well- Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!