Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Historic Savannah - Quick Quotes inspiration

Marcia here to host the Quick Quotes blog today. I have a 2 page layout to share with you that I made with the Tin Type collection!
I used my Powderpuff chalk inks to finish the chipboard pieces and to add some color to the bricks I created with embossing paste and a brick misting screen. The embossing paste is white and I applied it with a putty knife on top of my brick misting screen. I wanted the orange bricks that are so common in Savannah. To achieve this I applied amaretto ink with a small sponge dauber to the bricks and then used my H2O pen and some Mocha Mama ink to blend the colors. The bricks give a lot of dimension to the page. If you are intimidated by the embossing paste, the misting screens work well as stencils so you can use your Powderpuff chalk inks instead of the spray mists.
I used various colors of Powderpuff chalk ink on the chipboard pieces and on the gate I added a little metallic copper to give it more the look of real metal. I have to admit, when I first saw these chipboard pieces, I immediately thought of Savannah. Savannah has the most gorgeous gardens! I also used my H2O pen to paint on the wing, some tail feathers, and the eye of this bird using the Midnight Confessions Powderpuff chalk ink.

Quick Quotes Supplies
Powderpuff Chalk Ink in Amaretto, Mocha Mama, Green Tea, Biscotti, and Midnight Confessions.

Other Supplies:
Core'dination cardstock in green and white
Dreamweaver Stencils Embossing Paste
Cosmic Copper Brilliance Dew Drop ink by Tsukineko
Mini Brick screen by The Crafters Workshop

I hope I have inspired you to try your Powderpuff chalk inks in a new way!
Have a great Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!