Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Blooming Beauties - New Challenge up at The Paper Variety


This is my 4th post in 2 days, so please scroll down for my Sketchabilities post and my Quick Quotes posts.

It's the first of the month, and that means it's time for another challenge at the Paper Variety!!
 I LOVE making my own flowers for layouts and cards. I decided to use my Spellbinders Rose Creations and Foliage dies, a flower punch, and some hand cutting to make 2 different types of flowers on this layout of my girls.
I used the BoBunny Ambrosia collection. It's amazing that just looking at this paper made me remember photos I took years earlier. The colors in my photos go so well with this paper!! Here is a close-up of some of the flowers.
The canvas butterfly was colored with two different chalk inks. This let me add a darker purple on the body and the tips of the wings.
This layout was based on the current sketch over at BoBunny.
I hope you will decide to play along with us at the Paper Variety. I can't wait to see your handmade flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!