Monday, March 19, 2012

Thinking of you - Quick Quotes Dreamscape card

I have another Quick Quotes project to share today featuring the Butterflies Bag o' Chips chipboard and the Dreamscape papers.
This is how I like the finish the chipboard pieces, the butterfly was first painted with gesso (wings) and acrylic gold paint (body). Once dry, I blended a variety of the Powderpuff chalk inks on the wings just by dragging the ink pad over the gesso on the chipboard. I heat set this and then stamped swirls on the wings and finished by adding a little more contrasting chalk ink to the tips of the wings. I heat set it again to prevent smudging.

Supplies:
Butterflies Bag o' Chips
Dreamscape papers 100, 300, 400
Powderpuff chalk ink in Biscotti, Very Berry, Mocha Mama, Purple Passion, and Lemonade

Other supplies:
Bazzill cream cardstock
Spellbinders die
Elegant Edges Cricut cartridge
Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon
DMC floss
Hero Arts All Occassion sentiment stamp

Cuttlebug embossing folder, music notes

Have I inspired you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!