Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Paper Variety Black & White Challenge

This is my first designer post for The Paper Variety. The current challenge for the next 2 weeks is to

I immediately thought a formal occasion would be perfect for a black & white challenge, so I dug into some heritage photos and decided on this one of my maternal grandparents.

The papers are from the Echo Park's Be Mine collection. I loved how the background paper is slightly distressed adding to the vintage feel of the layout. The quote is perfect too. My grandparents were in their 20's when they married, a little older than what was usual for the times.Be watching for a tutorial on how to make these beautiful roses in an upcoming blog post!

And if you play along you could win this...
That's right, October Afternoon's Farmhouse collection!!!
I can't wait to see what you come up with.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful page and what a magnificent pic to be treasured .... stunning piece of art .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!