Friday, January 13, 2012

Cousins - Little Yellow Bicycle Winter Twig Layout

I was thrilled to be able to do some more design work for Little Yellow Bicycle.  As soon as I saw the Winter Twig Collection I knew it would be perfect for some photos I took for Grandma Nix's Christmas card a few years ago. The photo shoot was an attempt to duplicate some favorite shots from 10 years earlier. These were from 10 years ago....
I set up my paper backdrop in the basement and hauled in some fake snow. We had so much fun, even after the shoot when the fake snow started to fly!

Anyway here is my layout with the more recent photos using the sketch by Liz Qualman....

As you can see from the pictures, there was some snow flying before the shoot was even completed. I converted the photos to sepia before printing to bring out the browns in the Winter Twig papers and in the original photos, they were wearing red again. My new sewing machine has a blanket stitch I was dying to try, and I am so happy with the results. I have also been playing with this icicle SVG cut from the Winter Bliss SVGcuts kit. I have used it on a couple layouts now and love it! Little Yellow Bicycle has the best embellishments. Don't you love the snowflake rosettes, and the chipboard pieces, not to mention the journaling cards, and clear cut swirls! Here are some close ups.
I have to thank my fellow DT member Kate Vickers for a tutorial she did for The Paper Variety. I may never journal by hand again (I hate my writing). She has a tutorial coming up for computer printing on journaling tags for The Paper Variety blog. Be watching for it.
Little Yellow Bicycle would love to see your layouts using Liz's sketch. I am sure there is an awesome prize too!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, Marcia! You are so sweet! I love your layout! It's beautiful! Great pics of your kids!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!