Tuesday, September 13, 2011

On This Day

Once Upon a Sketch posted a fantastic sketch and it inspired me to scrapbook this wedding photo. I have not scrapbooked any of my wedding photos yet, too busy scrapping photos of my kids! Anyway, here is my layout.
 Don't you love my hat! The Webster's Pages collection had the perfect colors. When I first saw this paper, it made me think of my wedding.

The journaling is a past tense version of what we had on our unity candle and in our programs. I have always loved this quote.
 A little Flower Soft on the background paper gave it a little dimension.
 The roses were made with the Spellbinder's Rose Creations dies. I love making roses with these dies. I can use the same papers from my layout and they will coordinate exactly.
 The lace is leftover from my wedding dress. My mom made my dress and hat as well as all the bridesmaids dresses. She is so talented.
The banner is made from tulle with some additional rose buds.
Here is the sketch.
Thanks for looking. I hope you liked what you saw.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page and accents. Gorgeous wedding photo too! I love the blooms that you chose for the page. Just gorgeous! Thank you for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, what a fantastic page full of pretty details! well-done! Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS! ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beauty, I really love the layout. So fun to use the leftover lace on the layout. Thanks so much for playing along at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow!!!! look at all that layering and details!
    Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is simply gorgeous! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! When I look at it it feels like I am in a garden! So beautiful!!! Thanks for playing at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout - the layers and embellishing are just glorious. I adore your hand made roses and the touch of lace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Marcia, Gorgeous Page
    Thanks for playing along at OUAS
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Marcia I love this! Thanks for playing along at Once UPon a Sketch :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!