Saturday, August 20, 2011

Simple Things

Imaginisce posted another fantastic sketch challenge and I just had to play along. This is also entered for ScrapFIT Workout #49 - Put a Banner on It.  Here is my layout....
Here is a close up of the sunflowers. I just love how they turned out!

When I first saw these sunflowers on Pinky's blog, I knew I wanted to make them and use them on a scrapbook page with this photo I took of my daughter. Instead of the paper flower center, I substituted a brad I made with my I-Top (love that thing!). The Imaginisce small and medium punches for the I-Top were perfect for the sunflower base (you do not need to buy the snowflake punch McGill recommends). I wanted the flower center to be fuzzy, so I glued some Fun Flock on it, and then I added some ink to it with my H2O pen because I wanted it to be a little darker. I also used my I-Rock to add some bling. I love doing girl pages so I can do flowers and bling! This is definitely one of my favorite layouts!

Here is that fantastic sketch by Becky Fleck...

Here is my supply list:
Imaginisce Happy Camper Fireside Fun (both sides)
Imaginisce Happy Camper Fresh Air
Imaginisce Happy Harvest Dancing Leaves
Imaginisce small and medium Brad Daddies
Imaginisce small and medium punches for making brads.
Imaginisce Gold Metallic Glitter Gems
Cardstock (Coredinations, Paper Company, Recollections)
EK Success Leather Stickers
McGill Star Lily and Birch Leaf punches
Spellbinders Foliage
Sizzix Butterfly paddle punch
Distress Ink (Vintage Photo, Wild Honey, Peeled Paint)
Stampendous Fun Flock in Caramel Latte Tan
Jute, thread, hemp cord, burlap

6 comments:

  1. Wow, such a gorgeous LO. Your flowers are just amazing, and using your title letters as the banner is such a fab idea! Thanks for playing at ScrapFIT! Congrats on winning the Weekend Warm-up #11 with your fabulous card!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout!!! I LOVE those flowers! They are just beautiful and the fact that you did something other than the usual pennant banner makes this extra special! Thank you so much for playing along in the Imaginisce sketch challenge this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty!!!! I love it... the flowers, the texture from the burlap, everything! Thank you for playing along with us at Imaginisce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWOWOWOW, great detail, love the layers and what a neat use of a camping collection, great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really gorgeous! Love those pretty sunflowers and they really pop with the papers you've used here!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Imaginisce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!